They call Rockland, Maine the Lobster capital of the universe. Why? Its seaport legacy goes way back to more than a century and a half ago when it was among the busiest of seaports on the East Coast. Lobstering has been a key component among the fishing industry of Maine’s Midcoast for a long time. The proclivity for fresh-from-the-sea Maine lobster was the impetus for the country’s largest Maine Lobster Festival held each year in Rockland for the past 67 years. And Maine lobster is the reason the Historic Inns of Rockland have created a fabulous package offering unique ways to enjoy the lore of the luscious lobster! Throw in a choice of three luxurious Rockland inns and Maine lighthouses too, and you’ve got everything it takes for the perfect Maine June getaway.
Historic Inns of Rockland’s Lobsters, Lighthouses & Luxury Package
Two of Maine’s most iconic images are included in this package. The Historic Inns of Rockland have combined Maine’s finest sightseeing adventures into one package offered throughout the month of June. Stay two consecutive nights in June and enjoy lighthouses, lobsters and luxury at your choice of three Historic Inns of Rockland, Granite Inn, LimeRock Inn or Berry Manor Inn. Two night packages start at are offered from $475 for single or double occupancy (prices vary depending upon dates of booking and choice of inn and room booked).
The Lobster, Lighthouse & Luxury package includes:
- Two nights luxury accommodations at your choice of Historic Inn of Rockland in June
- Breakfast for two each morning
- Two tickets to Maine Lighthouse Museum for a self-guided tour
- Self-driving map to 6 local area lighthouses
- Souvenir Lighthouse Map highlighting all of Maine’s lighthouses
- Two tickets to Captain Jack’s Lobster Adventure Cruise where you lobster with a real Maine lobsterman and learn lobster lure (advanced reservations required)
- Tour of one of the area’s oldest working lobster pounds (reservations required)
- Fresh from the water Maine Lobster lunch with fixings on the wharf
- Two “Got Lobstah” t-shirts
- Two each chocolate lobsters
Want more? Add a third night and receive a collection of special offers from over 40 local businesses for discounted museum tickets, discounted activity tickets, free desserts or appetizers with purchase of two dinner entrees and 10% or greater from participating retailers. This collection of exclusive Historic Inns of Rockland offers is valued at over $300. Consider booking the weekend of June 27 and 28th and take part in the Midcoast Maine Lighthouse Challenge when seven participating lighthouses will be open to the public including the towers.
For more information, visit www.HistoricInnsofRockland.com or call 207-596-6611 or consult each participating inn’s website for more specific pricing and details of this package: LimeRock Inn (www.LimeRockinn.com), Berry Manor Inn (www.BerryManorInn.com), or Granite Inn (www.oldgraniteinn.com ).
Photo Credit: Photos by PJ Walter, LimeRock Inn.