Every year, the Historic Inns of Rockland cap off Festival of Lights with a Holiday House Tour on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year the Holiday House Tour will be held November 29, 1:00-4:00pm. And once again the Historic Inns of Rockland will join with the Friends of the Rockland Public Library and two other Rockland inns nearby to jump start the spirit of the season. Participate in the tour and view historic inns decked in all their holiday finery, while supporting Rockland’s Public Library, and then attend a wonderful table Christmas tree silent auction. Tickets for the tour are $10 for adults and free for children 12 and under. Tickets are available now at the Rockland Public Library and on the day of at the Library or Berry Manor Inn, LimeRock Inn or Granite Inn.
The weekend is filled with the renowned “Lobster Trap Tree” featured on Discovery Channel’s America’s Extreme Trees, Santa arriving by lobster boat, holiday parades, tastings, samplings and demonstrations and so much more. Stay in Rockland for the Festival of Lights weekend taking advantage of the Historic Inns of Rockland’s affordable lodging package.
Plan to stay at one of the three Historic Inns of Rockland: LimeRock Inn, Berry Manor Inn, or Granite Inn. The Historic Inns of Rockland have wrapped your holiday shopping escape all up into one neat getaway. Their Festival of Lights package includes:
- One night’s accommodations at your choice of three Historic Inns of Rockland, Friday, November 28 or Saturday, November 29, 2014
- A sumptuous and hardy breakfast for everyone in the travel party
- Canned food used to “vote” for your favorite float at the Festival of Lights Parade.
- Two tickets to the Historic Holiday House Tour on Saturday, November 29th from 1-4 pm. and to the Silent Auction of Christmas Trees immediately following at the Rockland Public Library.
- Two tickets to the “Eat, Drink and Be Merry” event on Main Street.
- A Historic Inns of Rockland reusable shopping bag to help hold all the loot from your shopping, and filled with wrapping paper, tape, ribbon and a package of gift tags.
All this starting at $160 for single or double occupancy plus tax. * Specific policies for cancellations, advanced deposits, check in and check out times vary with individual inn. Package cannot be combined with any other discounts.
Plan to kick off the holidays with Rockland, Maine’s weekend Festival of Lights Celebration, November28-29, 2014. Santa will arrive by lobster boat, stores extend hours and a good old fashioned holiday parade, plus an Eat, Drink and Be Merry Saturday street celebration, along with the Historic Inns of Rockland’s Holiday House Tour are highlights of the weekend.